Our condos are priced in a similar fashion as the dorms at URI. Pricing for the dorms at URI is generally based on the quality of the housing provided along with the number of occupants per unit or room. Our pricing is targeted to be on par with the newer dorms and apartments on campus while providing an environment that is more conducive for effectively performing school work and studying. Please review the information on this page to make your own informed decision regarding housing value.
School Year Pricing
2023 – 2024
Option A: 3-Person Rate: Three people live in a three-bedroom condo. Each student has their own bedroom. Price per person is $6,915 per semester totaling $13,830 for the school year for each person.
Option B: 4-Person Rate: Four people live in a three-bedroom condo. Two students have their own bedroom. Two students share a bedroom. Don’t worry, two of the bedrooms are large enough to easily accommodate two people. Please see for yourself on our Gallery page. Price per person is $5,565 per semester totaling $11,130 for the school year for each person.
May 20 thru Aug 12, 2023
Option A: 2-Person Rate: Two people live in a three-bedroom condo. Each student has their own bedroom. Price per person totals $3,375 for the dates listed above.
Option B: 3-Person Rate: Three people live in a three-bedroom condo. Each student has their own bedroom. Price per person totals $2,250 for the dates listed above.
Option C: 4-Person Rate: Four people live in a three-bedroom condo. Two students have their own bedroom. Two students share a bedroom. Don’t worry, two of the bedrooms are large enough to easily accommodate two people. Please see for yourself on our Gallery page. Price per person totals $1,800 for the dates listed above.
School Year Payment Schedule
A security deposit in the amount of $1,200 per person is collected when the lease is signed. Please see the information below for extensive details on security deposits as we want to give every penny back!
The yearly payment is broken down into thirds. The first third is collected by February 1, 2023 or at lease signing, whichever is later. The second third is due by August 11, 2023 and the final third is due by December 1, 2023.
Summer Payment Schedule
A security deposit in the amount of $750 per person is collected when the lease is signed. Please see the information below for extensive details on security deposits as we want to give every penny back!
The summer payment is broken down into halves. The first half is collected when the lease is signed. The final half is due by June 15, 2023.
So...How Do We Compare to URI Dorm Prices?
We believe we offer the best living accommodations and value on campus. The condos speak for themselves. They are a short walk to classes, offer free parking, are newly renovated including granite counter kitchens, new windows, roofs, exterior doors. We understand that wherever you choose to live you need the facts regarding pricing. We are similarly priced when compared to other on-campus housing, i.e. dorms, greek houses, apartments, etc. Please see the details below concerning pricing comparisons to the dorms.
Option A: Our pricing is on par with URI pricing this school year for “Single Room Option – Group B” dorm rate, listed at $11,430*^ per person. In this instance the student has their own bedroom. Some of the dorms on this list include: Fayerweather, Gorham and Heathman.
Option B: Our pricing is on par with URI pricing this school year for Eddy Hall “Two Double Bedroom Suite” listed at $9,778*^ per person and Hillside Hall “Double” listed at $9,856^ per person. In this instance the student shares a bedroom with someone else.
Summer Housing at URI in 2021 had a cost of $3,220 for 13 weeks. This is according to information published in the Housing and Residential Life section of URI’s website.
Where The URI Pricing Information Came From
* Tuition and Fee Rates Approved by The Board of Trustees September 24, 2021 Please be aware the comparison of prices is based on rates from URI for the current school year. Most years URI increases their housing rates by approximately two percent.
^The URI prices listed above do not include mandatory $178 technology fee charged to all dorm residents or the campus standard meal plan of $4,900 per person for the school year.
We Understand You Have Choices!
We understand you have many choices when it comes to housing at URI. We believe we offer the best accommodations for the best price. For a 10 year period ending in 2008 URI leased all of our condos for student housing. During that time frame they did multiple analyses that determined it was always less expensive to live in the condos than in the dorms. Their determination accounted for: housing costs, communications fee, meal plans, utility costs, parking, etc. Since that time we have upgraded the complex significantly while keeping the pricing similar to URI’s. We truly believe you will be happy if you choose to live in the condos!
A Quick Word About Security Deposits
Starting in 2009 we have been investing heavily in the property to create a top-notch living experience for our tenants. Over that time we have performed the following upgrades: new roofs, windows, exterior doors, sliders, kitchen cabinets, dishwashers, granite counters, flooring, bathroom tile, fixtures, lighting, high efficiency heating systems, first floor full bathroom and laundry area, living and dining furniture, updated landscaping, pavement, seal coating and plantings in the parking areas.
The reason we tell you this is the property is important to us. We want to make sure we have a terrific product for our current tenants as well as our tenants for years to come. To help us achieve our goal we collect a security deposit from every tenant that will be living in the complex. Our goal is to return every penny to every tenant when they move out at the end of their lease term.
We do well in our selection of tenants. This results in our tenants taking care of the property while they are living there and in the end…a full return of their security deposits. One way we help them get all their security back is by sending them a very detailed list of what is expected of them when they move out. Assuming there has been no damage to the unit during their tenancy we just ask them to clean thoroughly…we just ask for the property to be returned to us in the same condition it was in when they moved in. If it is then a check is mailed forthwith.
We cannot stress enough…we are NOT in the business of improperly keeping security deposits. We want to return every penny to every tenant…it is up to the tenant to make sure they follow our directions on how to get it all back!
Steps to Signing the Lease
Since we require parents to co-sign the lease for their student it is probably easiest to have the parents start with the original copy. To do this parents should go to our website (www.uritownhouses.com) to download the lease and print it. The lease is located on the “Rent a Condo” page. When printing you may need to adjust your printer’s margins to make sure all the info on each page is printed. The bottom of each page has a footer for all people to initial. There should also be Page x of y next to the initial blocks. If you have that information you are all set…print the document.
Start filling out sections in the lease.
- Page one paragraph B: Unit number ____ leave blank for now, we will fill this in with your student.
- Page one Section I: Condo # ___ leave blank for now, we will fill this in with your student.
- Page two Section III: Lessee: Leave blank, we will fill this in with your student.
- Page two Section IV: Co-Signer: Please fill this in.
- Page two Section V: Occupant Listing: Leave Blank we will fill this in with your student.
- Page three: Paragraph one: condo # _____ and from _____ through _____ leave blank for now. Rent will be $ _____: please fill this in based on how many students are living in the unit…for academic year rentals it is $13,830 for 3 people, $11,130 for 4 people or $9,600 for 5 people. For summer rentals it is $3,375 for 2 people, $2,250 for 3 people or $1,800 for 4 people.
- Page three: Enter the payment per installment. For academic year rentals it is $4,610 for 3 people, $3,710 for 4 people or $3,200 for 5 people. For summer rentals it is $1,687 for 2 people, $1,125 for 3 people or $900 for 4 people.
- Page three: Security Deposit: Please enter $1,200 for academic year rental or $750 for summer rental.
- Please read all pages and initial at the bottom of each page next to “Co-Sign,” there is no need to initial in the main body of the text as this is for your student to initial.
- Please read pages 9 and 10 detailing “Move Out Charges” and “Wear and Tear,” then initial at the bottom.
- Please co-sign lease on page 8 in the presence of a notary public. Parent signature only for the notary public.
- Send signed lease and security deposit and first payment to your child, please make check payable to Fortin Place, LLC.
- Once all leases have been received by all students in their group we will meet with them to review the lease, have them fill in all pertinent areas, initial and sign where required, we will sign also.
- The unit is officially leased for the defined rental period!!! All done!!!!
- We will email copies of signed documents which will be sent to parents for safe keeping.
- We will make contact with renters and parents in the first two weeks of August concerning utility hookups for the fall or early May for summer rental!!!